Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hopkinton Bound...

Greetings,
Woke this morning to a text from Patty (my amazing sister "-in-law") letting me know there was a CD inside the front door to listen to on the ride to Wellesley.
Opened the door to find a bag with 2 Discs of songs for James and me... on the playlists were songs dedicated to Aidan and Maria, song picks from all our nieces and nephews and a piece from Aunt Dale and the Benedictine Nuns at the Abbey of Regina Laudis (where this journey began back in September with the planting of Aidan's Tree). There were also song selections from the playlists of famous Boston Marathon runners, Ryan Hall and Kara Goucher.
So, with moist eyes the day begins.

Did you know that Patty is the one who just had the twin girls Josie and Tessie?
Patty runs a Marathon every day... A beacon of Aidan and Maria's light? You bet.
Here's to you, Sistah!
With much love,
m

P.S. On the inside cover of the CD case was this:
From Ryan Hall on his marathon mindset:
I do think about some of the things my dad ingrained in me growing up on the starting line, like "If it is not fun, then it is not worth doing." I like this mantra because we all get nervous and intimidated at the start of a marathon but this helps me just relax and enjoy the journey. It is important to enjoy each step in the journey-- even the tired ones-- because as my dad says, "Happy feet make light feet."


Patty, you are a gift. Thank you.

Off to see James and get on the race route. Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment