Sunday, April 11, 2010

The color of the week is... Purple!


Greetings,


Thank you for the email messages of late! Yes, the official countdown has finally begun. In preparation, I watched a documentary on Marathoning this past week and learned that runners preparing for 26.2 love to talk about their journey to the race-- and will talk with anyone who will feign some form of interest. Have to say, when I heard this it made me laugh (a little self-consciously.) For the many of you who have patiently listened to my verbal and written diatribes on training and the journey... thank you for indulging me :) We're headed into the home stretch.

7 Days = 26.2 for Aidan and Maria.

If you would like to follow James and me on race day:


Under the Boston Marathon menu tab you will find "AT&T Athlete Alert" this will provide the instructions needed to receive text message/email updates at various points on the course.

James' Bib Number = 23490 Mary's Bib Number = 23395

m


Quote of the week: "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill

What's on the iPod: Where the Streets Have No Name U2 This is one of the most played songs on my iPod. 10 years ago on a cold January Sunday I was on a treadmill at Assumption. While running, I was trying to decide whether to join the AC team preparing for the 2000 Boston Marathon. As I was twisting the thought around in my brain, this song came on the radio. It was right then that the decision was made.









No comments:

Post a Comment