Sunday, April 25, 2010

We Can. We Will. We Did.






















Greetings,

We made it-- thanks to all of your support and encouragement... I really felt it on the course. It was an absolutely incredible, awesome-- and mind-boggling day. James and I have been talking a lot this week... my Wingman. (The title of this post is what was on the back of his shirt while we ran to Boston)

Honestly, it's been a week and I'm still processing...


I will tell you that I believe there are angels among us. Dennis Glasgow from Toronto is one of them. He was there by my side from the hills in Newton into Boston and though I only spent one hour with him, his constant repeat of the same phrase "I'm here." everytime my eyes darted to the side for reassurance was mystifying. He was clearly a stronger runner as we moved into the last stretch of the run and though I kept encouraging him to run on he would not leave me. "I'm here." was all I kept hearing. Dennis was the one who spotted Regi in the crowd on Boylston Street. "There she is!"

This is a hard post for me because in some sense the Marathon completes the journey. I'm trying to find the words to bring this to summation but I'm not getting anywhere. Thinking this experience is something that defies placing into a neat little package-- So, I've decided I won't try and sum it up.

I will leave you with sincere gratitude and love... and a few photos of the day.
"Today is the BEST day of my life." Thank you, Aidan. Thank you, Maria.
m






























No comments:

Post a Comment